[OpenIndiana-discuss] Warning: Destroying a zombie pool

Reginald Beardsley pulaskite at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 1 14:55:50 UTC 2014

MAKE SURE YOU UNDERSTAND THE DISK LAYOUT!

In general /dev/dsk/c?d?s2 is the entire disk and scribbing on that would have dire consequences.
Back in SunOS 4.x times I always set that slice (we called them partitions then) to zero length.  Solaris won't allow doing that for reasons I am unable to comprehend.

I don't know if you could fool zfs into thinking that there was a corrupted pool on s2, but what I wrote would be a disaster if it did.

Reg