[OpenIndiana-discuss] zpool errors a bit confusing

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Sat Apr 5 02:54:23 UTC 2014

"oi.mail-list at gmx.com" <oi.mail-list at gmx.com> writes:

>      It is a critical error  like the "see" notes states and most
> likely, it needs to be re-created and  restore from backup.
>     As a suggestion, never trust saving that many files on a
> developmental OS.

As an aside:
Those files are only 1 copy of at least 3 or they would not be on this
'learning' rig.  I wanted to experiment somewhat realistically.

About your comments:
Of course I am aware that the output says the things you repeat above.
Can you offer anything that actually shows the files to be as stated?
Or some way to independently verify them to be in such bad shape?

How would one know if a file was corrupt.  Wouldn't it be unusable or
unreadable or something.... I mean .. critical means pretty serious
right?

Its a bit hard to buy that suddenly with no hard shutdown, power out
... on and on.... that this could be all that serious.

Do you think the fact that only directories are referenced as bad has
special significance.  Does it mean that all the files are bad.

Please note that.  The music files seem to play ok, img files are
viewable.  I only sampled a few.  but one of the Directories mentioned
as corrupt, or whatever holds nothing but music and images.
And yet they seem to work.

I just cd'd in to one of the image directories to make sure I wasn't
full of beans... and sure enough, pick a random image file and using
`display' I can view without issues.

Is there some mass test I can run like one of the normal file tester
things. -f -e etc.  None come to my pea brain that I could run
en-masse to try to find any truly corrupted files.

Can anyone else report having seen something like this?

Can the fact of my setting all four of my current pools to be
mountpointed under /p  have any bearing here?