[OpenIndiana-discuss] zpool errors a bit confusing

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Sun Apr 6 14:59:07 UTC 2014

On Fri, 4 Apr 2014, oi.mail-list at gmx.com wrote:

>         You can try  doing this to see if it is able to  correct the
> problem:
> http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E19253-01/819-5461/gbbwl/index.html
>
>         My opinion is this  problem most likely occur because it was lacking
> redundancy.
>         and scrub was not often run.

He has redundancy.

A more likely cause of the problem is a possible lack of ECC memory
(data in memory was read incorrectly), disks which don't honor the
cache sync request (a drive firmware issue), or some common element
(drive firmware bug, flakey power supply, shared cable) which causes
both drives to have a problem with the same written data.

The comment about a "developmental OS" was not helpful since any
system could lose data.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn