[OpenIndiana-discuss] [vbox guests] two installs different results

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Tue Apr 8 18:34:08 UTC 2014

On 2014-04-08 19:32, Harry Putnam wrote:
> For example; if I click on the terminal icon on top of display (there
> by default) the terminal opens but is stuck to top left corner.

It seems that you use different window managers to manage the sessions,
OI by default offers two - a GNOME desktop with windows, etc. and a
minimal WM for repairs, etc. I think you can change that during the
login window manipulations.

As a quick check, you can try to start some window manager from your
shell glued to the top, such as (IIRC)
:; gnome-session &
or perhaps
:; twm &