[OpenIndiana-discuss] Hipster upgrade

Tim Mooney Tim.Mooney at ndsu.edu
Wed Apr 9 22:16:35 UTC 2014

In regard to: Re: [OpenIndiana-discuss] Hipster upgrade, russell said (at...:

> Hi,
>
> Further to this email, the problem was resolved by installing
>
> pkg install  gstreamer/plugin/good
>
> I also appear to have hit the Bug #4261 when gstreamer is reporting that
> there is no sound device. However using audioctl list-devices
>
> usb_ac#5       - web cam microphone
> audiohd#2      - not used
> audiohd#0      - speakers connected

What happens when you run

 	gstreamer-properties

and select the output device you want to use?  Once I did that, I've
had no further audio output issues on 151a9.  Doing that and having

 	gnome/media/gnome-media-extras

installed from "SFE encumbered" has given me a very good audio output
experience on 151a9.

Tim
Room 242-J6, Quentin Burdick Building                  701-231-8541 (Fax)