[OpenIndiana-discuss] Simple zfs vs zpool space question.

John Ryan john.ryan at bsse.ethz.ch
Sat Apr 12 23:33:43 UTC 2014

On 11/04/2014 5:31 PM, John McEntee wrote:

> I know the logs are not a mirror, but I am going for performance over the risk of an ssd failure at the time of a reboot, at which I believe I can just throw again the ZIL and continue? According to http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E19253-01/819-5461/ghbxs/

I had a problem once where I was unable to import a pool with a missing
log disk. I was unable to recover the pool. Now I mirror the logs

I'm away from my hardware at the moment, so cannot test, but I'd be
interested if anyone can recover this situation.
1. Add 2 log disks as you have, striped.
2. Export the pool
3. Remove one (or both) of the log disks
4. Import the pool, with replacement disks, (or without)

John