[OpenIndiana-discuss] Firefox 28 on Hipster

Thorsten Heit thorsten.heit at vkb.de
Mon Apr 14 14:46:44 UTC 2014

Hi,

recently I did a fresh install of OI Hipster in VMware Fusion on my Mac by
using the latest ISO image available at
http://dlc.openindiana.org/isos/hipster/, applied all updates via "pkg
image-update -v" and added a few additional packages. So far, a quite
plain vanilla installation.

Because the installed Firefox version is a bit old (17.0.11ESR), I
downloaded FF 28.0 from ftp.mozilla.org, but this release doesn't work
well:
Trying to install an add-on or update the Ghostery 2.7.2 add-on I just
installed in FF17 results in an error message on the console:

*** ERROR addons.xpi: Failed to create staging directory: Error:
UnixFile.mkdir is not a function
(resource://gre/modules/osfile/osfile_unix_front.jsm:375)

Does someone have an idea what is causing this error?

Regards

Thorsten