[OpenIndiana-discuss] Firefox 28 on Hipster

Apostolos Syropoulos asyropoulos at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 14 16:47:12 UTC 2014

>What puzzles me is that a few minutes ago FF28 didn't want to download the
>source code of Git 1.9.0 (empty file), but after I read your mail I was
>able to successfully download FF24 as a tarball from within the same FF28
>instance. Very strange...

Since I prefer to have Greek language menus, when I download the latest version of Firefox for
Solaris I also download the latest Greek version for Linux. I just copy file omni.jar and
everything works OK. Remember I am still working under OpenSolaris. The other day, for some
strange reason, I downloaded the Greek version for Windows and I installed it with wine.
I copies file omni.jar and then I noticed that firefox could not save files and in fact it
was saving files in /tmp with the cryptic names you described in your earlier message. When
I replace omni.jar with the one that comes with the Linux binary everything worked as it should
be!!! That's really strange, isn't it?

A.S.