[OpenIndiana-discuss] Hipster ISO - 64-bit only?

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Wed Apr 16 16:52:47 UTC 2014

16 апреля 2014 г. 18:39:49 CEST, Alexander Pyhalov <alp at rsu.ru> пишет:
>On 04/16/2014 19:13, Alexander Pyhalov wrote:
>> On 04/16/2014 19:08, Jim Klimov wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I am not sure if this issue was raised before, but I found that at
>>> least some 'base' programs (such as /usr/bin/gzip) are amd64 on
>>> hipster livecd and installed image. Likewise, the dbus error that
>pops
>>> up relates to an explicit invokation of /usr/lib/amd64/gvfsd.
>>>
>>> Overall - there are issues just running a 32-bit vm (or old
>hardware,
>>> or misdetected $ISADIR) of hipster.
>>>
>>> Is it an oversight, or a bleeding-edge feature, or a strategic
>>> decision to abandon old x86, or something else?
>>>

>> Hi.
>> It's an oversight. Please, fill bug reports (specifying affected
>software).
>>

>Committed fix for bzip2/gzip. Should be available soon. If you notice
>other affected packages, please, report.

Ok, i'll try to check soon. Basically, the first wave would be to 'file' /bin/* and similar paths to find amd64 hits. It would be more tricky to automatically find faults like dbus/gvfs, but maybe the system or smf logs would show something.

Thanks,
//Jim
--
Typos courtesy of K-9 Mail on my Samsung Android