[OpenIndiana-discuss] Identical Installs but different screen Res

Dmitry Kozhinov dima at desktopfay.com
Fri Apr 18 10:47:42 UTC 2014

I have exactly the same question.
OI allows me to select maximum resolution of 1024x768 only.
LCD monitor has slightly better resolution (1152x1024?). The monitor has
a VGA connector, and videocard has a DVI. I believe that my videocard is
capable of supporting much higher resolutions than 1024x768 (some
nVidia, cannot remember exact model, I am now away from my server).
Monitor is plugged via DVI-VGA adapter, and likely this is why OI cannot
recognize monitor model (recognizes as generic monitor). nVidia card is
recognized. How can I convince OI to set higher resolution?