[OpenIndiana-discuss] [oi-dev] Hipster and custom illumos-gate

Jim Klimov jim at cos.ru
Thu Apr 24 14:53:38 UTC 2014

So... based on this suggestion, the hipster illumos-gate makefile, and some earlier list posts, I came up with this change to my illumos.sh script:

# To enable upgrades over `pkg info osnet-incorporation | grep Branch:`
#   Branch: 0.151.1
#export ONNV_BUILDNUM=152
#export ONNV_BUILDNUM=151.1.100
# http://openindiana.org/pipermail/userland-team/2013-August/000261.html
# http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.os.openindiana.devel/2906
export PKGVERS_BRANCH=3014.0.4.24
export BRANCHID=3014.0.4.24

Some 47 minutes later I've got an incrementally-rebuilt repository which cheerfully includes packages like

SUNWcs 0.5.11-3014.0.4.24:20140424T130517Z

However, a "pkg -R /a update" still insists on downloading new hipster patches with the 0.5.11-2014.0.1.14459:20140423T191935Z versions from the internet, rather than quickly installing the newer and higher-versioned local equivalents. This happens also if I use "-g" to specify a repo explicitly, and when I use a file-based repo instead of its http service.

I guess nowadays IPS tries to update same-named packages using the same repo they were installed from specifically to avoid conflicts like these? How should I go about overriding that reasonable failsafe mechanism? ;)

Thanks,
//Jim