[OpenIndiana-discuss] Firefox 28.0 still broken for me - Re: Firefox can't save files

Predrag Zecevic [Unix Systems Administrator] Predrag.Zecevic at 2e-systems.com
Tue Apr 29 09:22:26 UTC 2014

Hi all,

just tried latest 29 beta TAR versions from Mozilla site:
https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/thunderbird/releases/29.0b1/contrib/solaris_tarball/thunderbird-29.0b1.en-US.opensolaris-i386.tar.bz2
https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/29.0b9/contrib/solaris_tarball/firefox-29.0b9.en-US.opensolaris-i386.tar.bz2

and it looks like save problem is gone.

Regards.

On 03/26/14 04:03 AM, Jerry Kemp wrote:
> Just a status update. I archived then removed my $HOME/.mozilla directory. Aside from wiping out everything I would expect it to,
> nothing was fixed or resolved.
>
> FWIW, I have been using the OpenSolaris version of Firefox 27 & 28.
>
> Anyway, I still had a copy of the OpenSolaris version 25.0.1 untarred in a directory, so I kicked that off, and low and behold,
> everything works again.
>
> I guess I will stand tall till either Firefox 29 or 30 is released, and give things a try again.
>
> Again, any comments or speculation is appreciated.
>
> thank you,
>
> Jerry
>

> On 03/25/14 06:37 PM, Jerry Kemp wrote:
>> I might try to archive then remove my $HOME/.mozilla directory, and see if that
>> does any good.
>>
>> Again, thanks for the comments.
>>
>> Jerry
>>

>> On 03/25/14 10:54 AM, Apostolos Syropoulos wrote:

Predrag Zečević, Technical Support Analyst, 2e Systems GmbH

Telephone: +49 6196 9505 815, Facsimile: +49 6196 9505 894
Mobile:    +49  174 3109 288,     Skype: predrag.zecevic
E-mail:    predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com

Headquarter:          2e Systems GmbH, Königsteiner Str. 87,
                       65812 Bad Soden am Taunus, Germany
Company registration: Amtsgericht Königstein (Germany), HRB 7303
Managing director:    Phil Douglas

http://www.2e-systems.com/ - Making your business fly!

Can't open /usr/share/games/fortunes/fortunes.dat.