[OpenIndiana-discuss] Can we abandon wanboot?

Nikola M. minikola at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 02:00:33 UTC 2014

On 08/ 7/14 05:43 PM, James Carlson wrote:
> I'm pretty sure that "AI" is the Automated Installer, which postdates
> the regular network installation process by quite a bit. I'm also
> pretty sure that AI works *only* with wanboot and doesn't support
> inetboot at all.

So basically, wanboot images could be signed to make booting over LAN
secure
and no other option can make it so?
And also AI (Automated installer) will cease to exist for illumos if
there is no wanboot?

Is wanboot only a file, separate executive that could be added
externally from illumos if needed for distribution?