[OpenIndiana-discuss] Locating source, patches, and build information for binary packages

Bruce Lilly bruce.lilly at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 10:22:39 UTC 2014

On Tue, Aug 19, 2014 at 1:33 AM, Alexander Pyhalov <alp at rsu.ru> wrote:

> Hello. ntp sources for /dev package is here - https://hg.openindiana.org/
> sustaining/oi_151a/sfw-gate/file/702bbe36863b/usr/src/cmd/ntpd .
> It comes from SFW consolidation. Information about building different
> consolidations can be found here - http://wiki.openindiana.org/
> oi/Legacy+Consolidations and on child pages. Source code for OI /dev is
> available at http://hg.openindiana.org/ .

Thanks.  I'm new to OpenIndiana, so it will take me a while to digest that.

Incidentally the link to sfw Build instructions on
http://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/Legacy+Consolidations , like many links
in the OI wiki and elsewhere simply dumps to a generic Oracle page.
 Closest thing I can find there is a 7-year
old blog https://blogs.oracle.com/jyrivirkki/entry/how_to_contribute_to_sfw
which gives a link in the text to the
same URL that dumps to the generic Oracle page.  Thank goodness for the
Wayback Machine:
https://web.archive.org/web/20100805034650/http://hub.opensolaris.org/bin/view/Project+sfwnv/install_quickstart
actually looks useful.