[OpenIndiana-discuss] Persistent permissions

wim at vandenberge.us wim at vandenberge.us
Wed Aug 20 19:48:33 UTC 2014

Michelle,

Set the file-system to inherit ACL's and then set the permissions correctly.
Something like this:

zfs set aclinherit=passthrough pool01/fs01
/usr/bin/chmod
A=group:writegroup:rwxpdDaARWcCos:fd-----:allow,group:readgroup:r-x---a-R-c--s:fd-----:allow
/pool01/fs01

If you already have data in the fs add -R to chmod.

This is of course assuming you mounted pool01/fs01 on /pool01/fs01 and that your
AD group to unix group mapping is set up correctly (idmap) if you don't use AD
to resolve groups.