[OpenIndiana-discuss] /hipster-2014.1 strange behave (update picks up 2014.1.2 but repository has 2014.1.3 version available)

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Tue Dec 2 08:22:45 UTC 2014

On 12/02/2014 11:07, Predrag Zecevic [Unix Systems Administrator] wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> tried to reduce subject, but wanted to point to problem I have:
>
> $ pkg list | grep library/perl-5
> library/perl-5/authen-pam
> 16-2014.1.2.1              i--
> library/perl-5/authen-pam-516
> 16-2014.1.2.1              i--
> library/perl-5/database
> 1.623-2014.1.2.0           i--
> library/perl-5/database-516
> 1.623-2014.1.2.0           i--

Hi.
I suspect, it's a minor issue in oi-userland. For generated packages it
seems to republish just part of them. So, when build number changes we
receive such inconsistency.

I mean the following scenario for some perl "module" component:
1) generate manifests for library/perl-5/module,
library/perl-5/module-516, publish them
2) common build number is incremented (2014.1.2 => 2014.1.3 ), but there
are no changes to module component
3) on the next run only library/perl-5/module is republished, as build
number has changed it got incorrect dependency.

--
Best regards,
Alexander Pyhalov,