[OpenIndiana-discuss] Has Anyone Built ptlib-2.10.10 On 32-Bit Solaris?

jay at m5.chicago.il.us jay at m5.chicago.il.us
Wed Dec 3 19:19:54 UTC 2014

Friends and Colleagues,

Has anyone built ptlib-2.10.10 on a 32-bit Solaris system?  I'm trying
to run ekiga on my 32-bit Solaris (more precisely, Schillix) system,
and am under the impression that I must compile it from source, as
precompiled binaries seem to exist only for Microsoft Windows and
Linux.  Alas, ekiga currently  depends on ptlib (2.10) and opal
(3.10).  My attempt to compile ptlib produced the following error:

 ptclib/pssl.cxx:673:1: error: invalid conversion from 'char* (*)(...)' to 'void* (*)(void**, const unsigned char**, long int)' [-fpermissive]

I notice that the exact same problem was reported 6 years ago on
MacPorts (see https://trac.macports.org/ticket/16465) and it was never
fixed.  Or, more precisely, it might have been fixed, but the
discussion on https://trac.macports.org/ticket/16465 was never closed.
This lack of a reported fix 6 years after the bug was reported, has
persuaded me to inquire of the OpenIndiana community whether anyone
else has successfully built it, before plunging into the source and
attempting to fix the bug myself.

A functioning ekiga would also be satisfactory.  I need ptlib for no
reason other than to build ekiga.

Thank you in advance for any and all replies.

                        Jay F. Shachter
                        6424 N Whipple St
                        Chicago IL  60645-4111
                                (1-773)7613784   landline
                                (1-410)9964737   GoogleVoice
                                jay at m5.chicago.il.us
                                http://m5.chicago.il.us

                        "Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur"