[OpenIndiana-discuss] configuring dhcp on OpenIndiana?

Thomas Schweikle tschweikle at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 11:16:45 UTC 2014

151a8 as advertized on http://openindiana.org/

> IIRC (this is quite a while back, I'm afraid), you'd have to disable
> network/physical, enable nwam, done. Nwam does all the rest for you ... I
> think :-)

Not realy. You've to set up the device (make sure the device exists --
warnings are not given until you start that config) and location. It's
quite a pity if nwam just refuses to take the location you intended it
would take. It is not that easy to find out what is wrong. And whats
more: the solaris descriptions and handbooks do not match any more.
Parts may, but others are totally different.

--
Thomas