[OpenIndiana-discuss] Chm viewer, xchm and Hipster

Dave Koelmeyer dave.koelmeyer at davekoelmeyer.co.nz
Fri Dec 26 11:54:53 UTC 2014

On 27/12/14 00:40, Dmitry Kozhinov wrote:

> I hate to give an advice without contributing into development, but
> here it is.

That remains the number one problem and there is a glut of too many
folks without the know-how continually telling other people what to do.
Alasdair Lumsden's post of October remains pertinent:
(http://openindiana.org/pipermail/oi-dev/2014-October/003419.html)

> IMHO the all-in-one product is too complicated. The best approach
> would be starting over from scratch (bare Illumos) and create a
> minimalistic distribution with basic GUI and basic GUI server admin
> tools (network management, package management, services start/stop,
> firewall management, etc.)... Add basic GUI and GUI server admin tools
> - and I don't need OI anymore.

I believe you've just described Tribblix:

http://www.tribblix.org/about.html

--
Dave Koelmeyer
http://blog.davekoelmeyer.co.nz