[OpenIndiana-discuss] Chm viewer, xchm and Hipster

Dmitry Kozhinov dima at desktopfay.com
Fri Dec 26 12:24:45 UTC 2014

> For example i'm not using GUI but i have some difficulties with
> administering from command lines (very hard to configure vlan, network
> interfaces and so on).

Look, even experienced UNIX admin has difficulties with command line
(not to offend anyone).
Force me to edit config files with vi instead of gedit, and I will go
looking for a different job. I believe that new generation of system
administrators cannot afford spending half of their lives learning that
command line magic spells. This is why OI is popular, and Illumian is
not. This is why Linux is popular (it would not if had no GUI at all).
And this is why Oracle Solaris has GUI.

I understand that there are headless servers and datacenters, but this
is different topic.