[OpenIndiana-discuss] Problems upgrading OI

Peter Tribble peter.tribble at gmail.com
Mon Feb 3 11:52:41 UTC 2014

On Mon, Feb 3, 2014 at 11:41 AM, Hans J. Albertsson <
hans.j.albertsson at branneriet.se> wrote:

> I find I have lots of incorporations that have been "weeded out", like the
> l10n-incorporation that only has about 20 % of its packages installed.
>
> Am I right in guessing that it REALLY is a bad idea to have an
> incorporation installed and then remove some of the dependencies???

They aren't dependencies. They constrain versions.

Incorporations don't specify what packages are installed,
they merely state that *if* a package is installed, then it must
be at this particular version(s), so you don't get a set of
packages installed that aren't compatible with each other.

So it's normal for incorporations to list many packages
that you don't have installed.

--
-Peter Tribble