[OpenIndiana-discuss] 151a8 boot problems

Stefan Müller-Wilken stefan.mueller-wilken at acando.de
Mon Feb 3 20:11:27 UTC 2014

Dear all,

I've got a serious booting problem with one of my 151a8 Proliants after switching my root pool mirror with its 2 disksfrom 73GB disks to 1TB disks. Although I've used installgrub to write stage1 and stage2 to each of the two disks using ...

# installgrub /boot/grub/stage1 /boot/grub/stage2 /dev/rdsk/c3t0d0s0
# installgrub /boot/grub/stage1 /boot/grub/stage2 /dev/rdsk/c3t1d0s0

... the machine will blank the screen after booting and stop with "GRUB" and a blinking cursor. Using the text installer CD and then using "Boot from harddisk" will work. Anything I can do to bring the machine back to normal?

Cheers
 Stefan