[OpenIndiana-discuss] Window manager problems after upgrade to oi_151a9

Predrag Zecevic [Unix Systems Administrator] predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com
Tue Feb 4 08:39:26 UTC 2014

Hi,

well, I guess I used to it (in my /hipster oi_151a181):
I have noticed if I left click on empty space in background, panels come
back.

No guarantee that it will work on a9 though. Just an idea.

And since I use /hipster, I gave up of finding someone willing to fix
things.

Regards.

On 02/ 4/14 09:32 AM, Hans J. Albertsson wrote:
> I upgraded from oi_151a7 to oi_151a9 yesterday (some of you may have
> noticed! :-) ) and now I have a strange but consistent problem with the
> window manager in the new BE.
>
> I log in, which looks nice, gdm seems to act the way it should, and when
> I get in, an open terminal window appears, all the icons I expect on the
> desktop appear, but the panels of the window manager do not appear.
>
> I thus have no useful window manager available,
>
>  From the terminal window, I tried
>
> metacity --replace
>
> and something flashes by, I think it is an open window or two, but from
> the session I was running when I performed the OS upgrade, and then
> nothing, no panels no control.
>
> The desktop background right-click menu is available, but that's it.
>
> Some GConf problem, or what???
>
> I also tried
>
> compiz --replace
>
> and the result was, as far as I could determine, identical.

Predrag Zečević, Technical Support Analyst, 2e Systems GmbH

Telephone: +49 6196 9505 815, Facsimile: +49 6196 9505 894
Mobile:    +49  174 3109 288,     Skype: predrag.zecevic
E-mail:    predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com

Headquarter:          2e Systems GmbH, Königsteiner Str. 87,
                       65812 Bad Soden am Taunus, Germany
Company registration: Amtsgericht Königstein (Germany), HRB 7303
Managing director:    Phil Douglas

http://www.2e-systems.com/ - Making your business fly!

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone. -- Steven Wright