[OpenIndiana-discuss] sd.conf trouble and illumos bug #3220

Bryan N Iotti ironsides.medvet at runbox.com
Tue Feb 4 17:55:21 UTC 2014

Hi Chip,

We had discussed adding this to the wiki, but it got lost in the midst of "stuff to do".

My sd.conf line looks like:

sd-config-list=
	"SEAGATE ST2000NM0001","power-condition:false",
	"**","physical-block-size:8192",
	"SEAGATE ST2000NM0001","physical-block-size:512",
	"ATA Hitachi HDS72302","physical-block-size:512",
	"TANDBERG RDX","physical-block-size:512";

The line you care for is obviously the second one, where the "**" will match ANY vendor and ANY device, so be sure to mask others appropriately if you need to.

I'm experimenting with the 8K size, as it seems to work better for this particular drive.

Bryan