[OpenIndiana-discuss] illumos-watch - Dec 2013/Jan 2014

Alasdair Lumsden alasdairrr at gmail.com
Fri Feb 7 12:09:46 UTC 2014

Hi Stefan,

As OpenIndiana is based on illumos, work that is contributed to illumos
will show up in OpenIndiana. The OpenIndiana Hipster branch is synchronised
fairly regularly with illumos (perhaps as frequently as daily?). The /dev
branch gets an updated illumos snapshot each release.

Changes made by other organisations that haven't been integrated into
illumos won't usually appear in OpenIndiana, unless someone takes the time
to integrate them. So for example Nexenta's disk timeout work probably
won't show up into OpenIndiana until/unless it is integrated into illumos.

Regards,

Alasdair

On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 11:53 AM, Stefan Müller-Wilken <
stefan.mueller-wilken at acando.de> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> thanks for the interesting compilation. Quite good to see what's going on
> in the different parts of the ecosystem. One question: how far does
> OpenIndiana benefit from the activities? When can we expect changes to show
> up downstream?
>
> Cheers
>  Stefan

Alasdair Lumsden

http://www.everycity.co.uk

EveryCity Managed Hosting
Studio 18 Bluelion Place
237 Long Lane, London, SE1 4PU

general: 020 7183 2800
support: 020 7183 2801
email: al at everycity.co.uk

Every City Limited
Registered in England and Wales, No. 5689474 Registered Office: Roper
Yard, Roper Road, Canterbury, CT2 7EX