[OpenIndiana-discuss] Powerloss protected SSDs for ...Re: Low low end server

Alex Smith (K4RNT) shadowhunter at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 00:08:10 UTC 2014

Wouldn't a UPS with monitoring be a better alternative? Allow the server to
power down safely on UPS when it detects a power lost state. Most UPSes I
know have either serial or USB monitoring, sometimes even Ethernet on
higher-end models (although I've never looked at the monitoring systems in
depth, YMMV).

episode "The Drumhead"
- Alex Smith