[OpenIndiana-discuss] OpenIndiana problems recognizing all disks/vdev

Predrag Zecevic [Unix Systems Administrator] predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com
Thu Feb 13 07:38:46 UTC 2014

On 02/13/14 02:42 AM, Udo Grabowski (IMK) wrote:
> On 13/02/2014 02:32, Randall Svancara wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am using openindiana and I have disk shelves, with 24-4TB drives
>> each.  I have two shelves setup already, and I purchased a third.  I
>> thought adding the next batch of disks would be easy, but apparently it
>> is not as OpenIndiana refuses to see all the disks.
>>
>> parted -l shows:
>>
> First, use format instead of parted, it's the native tool.
> Second, did you touch /reconfigure before rebooting ?
> That initiates a new device configuration.
> Third, look at cfgadm -a, do you see all the disks and
> HBA's ?

I guess that command (assuming super user role):
pfexec devfsadm -C
will do same as 'touch /reconfigure && reboot', but just w/o rebooting.

Regards.

Predrag Zečević, Technical Support Analyst, 2e Systems GmbH

Telephone: +49 6196 9505 815, Facsimile: +49 6196 9505 894
Mobile:    +49  174 3109 288,     Skype: predrag.zecevic
E-mail:    predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com

Headquarter:          2e Systems GmbH, Königsteiner Str. 87,
                       65812 Bad Soden am Taunus, Germany
Company registration: Amtsgericht Königstein (Germany), HRB 7303
Managing director:    Phil Douglas

http://www.2e-systems.com/ - Making your business fly!

How come we never talk anymore?