[OpenIndiana-discuss] Virtualbox, OI 151a8 and vboxflt problem

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Thu Feb 13 23:40:35 UTC 2014

On 2014-02-13 23:28, Carl Brewer wrote:
> On 14/02/2014 9:12 AM, Jim Klimov wrote:
>>> No, all static, all bridged.
>>
>> ...all bridged to individual OI vnics with mac addresses matching
>> the MAC address of the NIC in VM? right? ;)
>
> whatever the default behaviour is, yes.

For this configuration there is no proper default, so this
may be the culprit if I guessed correctly. Am I right to
interpret your post as "I did not configure anything special
and just bridged all VM NICs over the same host OS interface"?

Under OpenSolaris and later, if you want properly working
bridged interfaces, according to the docs you must create
a VNIC with a unique MAC address, and you must configure
the VM with the same MAC address on its virtual hardware
NIC which is bridged over this dedicated VNIC on the host.

If you need VLANs, let the host VNIC take care of that...
and I am not sure if you can pass multiple VLANs to one
virtual NIC this way (or should rather create one per VLAN).

HTH,
//Jim Klimov