[OpenIndiana-discuss] Virtualbox, OI 151a8 and vboxflt problem

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Sun Feb 16 22:14:46 UTC 2014

On 2014-02-16 22:57, Carl Brewer wrote:
> On 16/02/2014 11:55 PM, Jim Klimov wrote:

>>> Like from this page? :
>>>
>>> http://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/7.3+KVM
>>>
>>> One per virtual machine (or, virtual machine's ethernet interfaces)?
>>
>> Rather as (updated today) here:
>> http://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/7.2+VirtualBox
>
> Thank you Jim,
> I'll have a play with this stuff this week.
>
> I had a fiddle with using vnics last week which broke most of my vm's
> networking, but will try again with this set of instructions. It may
> have been arp caches that broke ... heh ...

Well, you can clear the ARP cache entries with "arp -d", though I think
that local NIC (and VNIC) configured MACs would have higher priority.
Also, if you notice any flaws in my description of bridging (such
as, perhaps, newer VirtualBox commands to query and set the vHW NIC
parameters) feel free to fix the wiki or post the fixes here :)

//Jim