[OpenIndiana-discuss] Hardware advice on cheap homeserver

tomte at ulkhyvlers.net tomte at ulkhyvlers.net
Mon Feb 17 19:55:29 UTC 2014

Hello,

As my current machine has decided its time to move on I need to purchase
something new and somewhat reliable ;)

Old config was a Asus M2n-sli deluxe with a Athlon(tm) 64 X2 5600+ with
a LSI SAS 9211-8i controller, which I was more than pleased with.
As a new machine I have been looking at a MSI B85M-E45 board,
( http://www.msi.com/product/mb/B85ME45.html )
with a Intel LGA1150 Core i3-4130 cpu and 4 gigs of ram.
And moving the LSI-card over to the new board, of course...

Now my main question is basically, does it work ok with OI_151a9 ?
Or should I be looking at some other stuff ?

As I recall when buying the M2n-sli board was that hardware support
was a bit of a homework do to, but I assume that OI isnt quite
as picky as Solaris was back in the day...

So, any input is greatly appriciated at this point =)

// Richard

--
"Its hard to be religious when certain people are never
incinerated by bolts of lightning."

- Calvin & Hobbes