[OpenIndiana-discuss] OI-151a9

Aneurin Price aneurin.price at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 14:41:28 UTC 2014

On 19 February 2014 18:18, Tim Mooney <Tim.Mooney at ndsu.edu> wrote:
> In regard to: [OpenIndiana-discuss] OI-151a9, Marc Lobelle said (at
> 7:11pm...:
>

>> I see that a new version 0I-151a9 is available, but the version to
>> download at http://openindiana.org/download/ is still 151a8. Where can I
>> find the ISO for 151a9 ? Is it smoother that 151a8 that had many small
>> inconvenients (gnome unusual behaviours etc.).
>

> Check the archives for this list.  Differences between 151a8 and 151a9
> and some of the problems that people have run into have been discussed
> quite a bit in the past few weeks.
>
> My personal experience is that 151a9 is better than 151a8, especially
> from a JDS perspective, but there are plenty of people that haven't
> had the same experience.

For my part I've found that a9 has problems running KVM with a Windows
guest - it will usually boot, but will crash within a couple of
minutes.

Historically, updating KVM on OI has always been problematic - most
versions have been broken in one way or another - so a9 isn't
especially bad in that regard. With any luck I'll be able to just keep
running the old version of system/qemu/kvm, rather than having to hold
back from a9 altogether, but I won't be able to try that out for a few
weeks.

Other than that, everything appeared to look fine. I don't use any of
the graphical packages that some people seem to have problems with
though.