[OpenIndiana-discuss] Nwam interfaces and aliases

Jonathan Adams t12nslookup at gmail.com
Thu Feb 27 11:38:56 UTC 2014

If you're not planning on moving this computer between several wireless
networks, you might be as well off using "physical:default" instead of
"physical:nwam" ...

On my laptop, I run nwam, but on the servers that use wire connections I
use non-nwam, and generally if they're going to sit still for a long time,
I even make them static IP's.

adding and removing virtual interfaces with nwam is a bit of a ball-ache,
adding them with ipadm/dladm is easy :)

Jon