[OpenIndiana-discuss] Expanding storage with JBOD

Laurent Blume laurent+oi at elanor.org
Fri Jan 3 20:23:35 UTC 2014

On 03/01/2014 18:46, Roman Naumenko wrote:
> Ok, thanks for this clarification.
> Its obvious that vendor provides max power consumption.
>
> Which box did you buy for you storage, MSAxx? (or is it just server with the disks).

A basic no-brand SAS enclosure from span.com connected to an LSI 3801E
in a beige box. Nothing fancy, and it was a few years ago, so I don't
have much to add to the discussion beyond that power remark.
I'm happy with it, though. It's running Solaris 10 and I've been able to
do everything I needed with it, including flashing HBA and disk
firmwares. Failing disks were handled easily too.

Laurent