[OpenIndiana-discuss] How to add an USB Device to KVM guest

Jonathan Adams t12nslookup at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 16:28:31 UTC 2014

from http://echelog.com/logs/browse/illumos/1330124400

[07:00:20] <scanf> to clarify, the kvm on smartos doesnt support any
type of passthru? not even USB?
[07:00:43] <rmustacc> There is no VT-D support.
[07:01:03] <rmustacc> I'm not sure how folks normally use QEMU to do
USB passthrough.

you could try talking to the guys at joyent or smartos and see if they know
more, but it doens't sound likely.

Jon