[OpenIndiana-discuss] Fw: Forgot Zone Root Password, Redirect X inside Zone, Reinstall Zone

Stefan Müller-Wilken stefan.mueller-wilken at acando.de
Mon Jan 13 11:52:39 UTC 2014

Why don't you just copy the password (i.e. the crypted part between the first and the second colon) field from the /etc/shadow line of a known account in your root zone into the /etc/shadow's definition of your standard user account in your problematic zone? That should do the trick...

Cheers
 Stefan