[OpenIndiana-discuss] aide IDS and hipster

Gary Gendel gary at genashor.com
Tue Jan 14 18:32:30 UTC 2014

The recent update of hipster broke aide IDS (which I compile locally)
which crashed while processing.  It looked like it was a problem in
libmhash.so.2 but after a bunch of fruitless efforts to track down the
problem (the traceback stack was always partially corrupted) I wasn't so
sure.

Bottom line is that I got it working by adding -std=c99 to the gcc 4.7
CFLAGS.  I tried this by shear dumb luck because I was also trying to
compile an alternative which needed this option.  This not only produced
a working version, but the executable size is 17% smaller as well.  The
whole thing is bizarre but I figure I'd pass it along.

Gary