[OpenIndiana-discuss] Delegating ZFS to the Zone

Handojo handoyog at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 18 10:37:06 UTC 2014

Has anyone ask about this topic before ?

[gz] zfs create zpool/zone1

[lz] zonecfg -z zone1
zonecfg:zone1 > add dataset
zonecfg:zone1:dataset > set name = zpool/zone1
zonecfg:zone1:dataset > end
zonecfg:zone1 > exit

upon booting the zone, it says :
could not verify zfs dataset zpool/zone1 : mountpoint cannot be inherited

if I didn't create the zpool/zone1, then the error is : dataset does not exist

Doing this one also fails at set alias ( as is instructed here http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E23824_01/html/821-1448/gayov.html#gbbst ):

zonecfg:zone1 > add dataset
zonecfg:zone1:dataset > set name = zpool/zone1
zonecfg:zone1:dataset > set alias = myZone1

Syntax error at '='

I noticed that there must be different implementation of zone between OI and S11

So how do we delegate ZFS to zone ?