[OpenIndiana-discuss] Upgrade Conflicts with 151a9

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Wed Jan 22 06:20:54 UTC 2014

On 01/22/2014 07:15, Ray Butler wrote:
> Hello Experts,
>
> Attemping to upgrade my home server to 151a9 today and I'm getting several
> conflicts which apparently are due to my using the legacy repo. Any way to
> get around this other than a reinstall? Thanks in advance.
>

>      1 package delivers 'link path=usr/bin/apu-1-config
> target=../apr-util/1.3/bin/apu-1-config':
>          pkg://
> openindiana.org/library/apr-util-13 at 1.5.3,5.11-0.151.1.9:20140117T202444Z
>      1 package delivers 'link path=usr/bin/apu-1-config
> target=../apr-util/bin/apu-1-config':
>          pkg://
> openindiana.org/library/apr-util at 1.5.2,5.11-0.151.1.8.1:20130802T181015Z
>
> These packages may not be installed together.  Any non-conflicting set may
> be, or the packages must be corrected before they can be installed.

Hello.
Are you going to update /hipster to dev-a9 ? I think it is not supposed
to work out of the box and reverting to latest /dev BE and updating it
is the most straightforward way (151.8.1 packages deliver have a lot of
libraries of different versions (newer or older than in /dev-a9), some
packages were redesigned, some were marked obsolete.

Otherwise, you can try to create new BE, uninstall conflicting packages
in new BE and try updating... Don't be surprised when it will not work.

--
Best regards,
Alexander Pyhalov,