[OpenIndiana-discuss] Creating an oi151-a9 boot environment

Predrag Zecevic predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com
Wed Jul 9 16:48:37 UTC 2014

Hi,

i do not think that you can have 'clean' /dev (if i understood you
properly) installation:
you have to remove lot of things which /hipster has, but not normal /dev

So, try to remove some packages (can be large list) causing problems.

Better would be to create ZONE which runs /dev (151a9), see
http://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/7.1+Zones

Regards

BTW, these are publishers you should use:

http://pkg.openindiana.org/dev/
http://pkg.openindiana.org/hipster-2014.1/en/index.shtml

Am 09.07.2014 17:09, schrieb russell:
> Hi,
>
> Currently I am running the /hipster stream on my computer but would
> like to also have a non hipster boot 151-a9 boot environment.
>
> I cloned my current oi151-hipster environment and then changed the pkg
> publisher so that it used the /hipster environment. However, when I
> attempt a pkg upgrade it fails with dependency issues.
>
> Is there away I can create a clean oi151-a9 boot environment which
> will have my current hardware configuration so that I switch between
> the hipster and non-hipster environments?

Predrag Zečević, Technical Support Analyst, 2e Systems GmbH

Telephone: +49 6196 9505 815, Facsimile: +49 6196 9505 894
Mobile:    +49  174 3109 288,     Skype: predrag.zecevic
E-mail:    predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com

Headquarter:          2e Systems GmbH, Königsteiner Str. 87,
                       65812 Bad Soden am Taunus, Germany
Company registration: Amtsgericht Königstein (Germany), HRB 7303
Managing director:    Phil Douglas

http://www.2e-systems.com/ - Making your business fly!