[OpenIndiana-discuss] 2x Xeon XS8600

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Fri Jul 18 04:50:46 UTC 2014

Bryan N Iotti <ironsides.medvet at runbox.com> writes:

> HP has a good website for all their professional machines, with a host of manuals.
>
> The ones for the XW8600 are here:
>
>http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/manualsResults/?sp4ts.oid=3432828&spf_p.tpst=psiContentResults&spf_p.prp_psiContentResults=wsrp-navigationalState%3Daction%253Dmanualslist%257Ccontentid%253DSetup-and-install-general%257Clang%253Den&javax.portlet.begCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&javax.portlet.endCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken
>
> (I hope that link makes it through to the list, otherwise you can of
> course Google it, it's in the HP support center)

[...]

Thank you, yes your link made it.  And I did mention having seen a few
pdf files on hp site... turns out it was those you point to.

I did not learn a terrible lot from those manuals.  Possibly because I
am too thick sculled to understand much of them.

But also, the information is conflicting and misleading in many
cases. Plus at least 6 of the manuals are in some oddball format that
my pc doesn't know how to open.   The little box that tells you the
format just has a question mark.

Another example might be the manual titled:
  SATA Optical Drive
  and 3.0Gb/s Hard
  Drive Cables
  Installation Guidelines

Which mentions the color coding but then mentions different colors
than what I see

(Murry mentioned my images didn't make the cut so posting them here:

  zeus.jtan.com/~reader/vu/disp.cgi )

I'm pretty sure I'm having trouble understanding about the sata ports
mainly due to ignorance... and serious holes in my knowledge