[OpenIndiana-discuss] Is this dell xeon a decent buy

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Sun Jun 1 17:27:00 UTC 2014

Just looking for some opinions on an ebay machine I am thinking of
buying for an oi zfs server

I do not know enough about specs and so forth to tell if this is an ok
purchase.

Understand that my usage is strictly home lan... so very light and
nothing commercial.

I want a machine that won't have all kinds of unruly hic-ups and etc.

I don't mean like worn out hardware etc but just not being that
compatible for my intended use.

Any suggestions are welcome but also understand that I want something
I can just install oi on and get going so not not (at this particular
time) interested in building up a machine myself.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dell-Poweredge-6650-Enterprise-Server-2-x-Intel-Xeon-1-5-GHz-8-GB-/261423732486?pt=COMP_EN_Servers&hash=item3cde119706