[OpenIndiana-discuss] ZFS replacement problem

Michelle Knight michelle at msknight.com
Tue Jun 3 18:39:37 UTC 2014

H Folks,

I've got the following...

mich at jaguar:~# cfgadm -al
Ap_Id                          Type         Receptacle   Occupant
Condition sata0/0::dsk/c3t0d0            disk         connected
configured   ok sata0/1                        sata-port
empty        unconfigured ok sata0/2::dsk/c3t2d0
disk         connected    configured   ok
sata0/3::dsk/c3t3d0            disk         connected    configured
ok sata0/4::dsk/c3t4d0            disk         connected
configured   ok sata0/5::dsk/c3t5d0            disk
connected    configured   ok

mich at jaguar:~# zpool status
  pool: rpool1
 state: ONLINE
  scan: none requested
config:

        NAME        STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
        rpool1      ONLINE       0     0     0
          c3t5d0s0  ONLINE       0     0     0

errors: No known data errors

  pool: tank
 state: ONLINE
  scan: resilvered 1.70M in 0h0m with 0 errors on Tue Jun  3 18:19:48
  2014 config:

        NAME          STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
        tank          ONLINE       0     0     0
          raidz1-0    ONLINE       0     0     0
            c3t4d0s1  ONLINE       0     0     0
            c3t2d0s1  ONLINE       0     0     0
            c3t3d0s1  ONLINE       0     0     0

errors: No known data errors

I try ...

mich at jaguar:~# zpool replace -f tank c3t4d0  c3t0d0
cannot replace c3t4d0 with c3t0d0: no such device in pool

... which is what I am reading in countless articles on-line to do, but
it isn't working. I don't know why I'm getting this error, or which of
the two it is complaining about, because if I try...

mich at jaguar:~# zpool offline tank c3t4d0
cannot offline c3t4d0: no such device in pool

So I can't get the drive replaced.

Any help gratefully appreciated.

Michelle