[OpenIndiana-discuss] Replacing an unavailable hd...

Reginald Beardsley pulaskite at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 16 16:08:57 UTC 2014

Thermal effects will cause connector issues.  The most extreme case in my experience was a move of our group in Dallas during July.  The systems were moved over the weekend.  None would boot on Monday until I had reseated all the disk drive cables.  They did not like sitting in a hot truck.  I've seen lots of systems which had cable issues after a shutdown which allowed the hardware to cool down, but not as consistent (i.e. everyone in my group) as the system move case.

Reg