[OpenIndiana-discuss] power off not working.

Mark Walmsley mark.walmsley at rocketmail.com
Fri Jun 27 02:13:12 UTC 2014

Hi,

For some reason I can't power off my PC running openindiana  build 151a9

Shutdown  -i5 -g0 -y

Just sits at

Syncing file systems . done

Same with init 5 or poweroff

Init 0 press any key to reboot works.

Pressing the power button also leaves me syncing file systems . done

Shutdown -i6 -g0 -y does successfully reboot.

I've never had a problem with solaris hanging after syncing file systems is
done and not really sure how to troubleshoot any help would be appreciated.

System information.

Gigabyte: GA-X58A-UD3R (rev. 2.0)

IntelR X58 + ICH10R Chipset

Intel i7 i930

12 gb ram

Amd 5770 video card

Western digital 750gb sata drive

Bios latest. In fact have tried third party modified bios with Intel AHCI
ROM 1.20E still no luck

Thanks.