[OpenIndiana-discuss] pkg problem?

Peter Tribble peter.tribble at gmail.com
Sun Mar 16 13:32:05 UTC 2014

On Sat, Mar 15, 2014 at 11:47 AM, Randy S <sim.ple at live.nl> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I created an image as follows:
> zfs create rpool/test
> pkg image-create -F -a openindiana.org=http://pkg.openindiana.org/dev//rpool/test
>
> Now it is my intension to install the entire package of a previous OI
> version into this image (151.a7)
> My command:
> pkg -R /rpool/test install entire at 0.5.11-0.151.1.7
>
> All that you see is that are about 27 packeges to be installed and when it
> is finished you only see a var directory.

That's probably right. entire is an incorporation, it just supplies
version constraints, it doesn't actually install any packages, and
you probably just get the bare framework for the image.

You probably want to find a top-level package that lists all
the software you want as regular dependencies. Something
like slim_install would give you the graphical live CD contents
(when you're done, uninstall it because otherwise it'll stop any
subsequent attempts to remove packages).

> pkg info entire gives
>           Name: entire
>                 build.  WARNING: Proper system update and correct package
>                 selection depend on the presence of this incorporation.
>                 Removing this package will result in an unsupported system.
>          State: Installed
>      Publisher: openindiana.org
>        Version: 0.5.11
>  Build Release: 5.11
>         Branch: 0.151.1.7
> Packaging Date: Wed Oct  3 22:24:34 2012
>           FMRI: pkg://
> openindiana.org/entire at 0.5.11,5.11-0.151.1.7:20121003T222434Z
>
> As you can see I get a size of 0 bytes wich I think is the reason that
> nothing happens. I haven't tried this with a newer release since I am still
> working with the 151.a7 release.
>
> Can anybody please educate me on how to get around or solve this?
>
> Regards,

-Peter Tribble