[OpenIndiana-discuss] Firefox can't save files

Udo Grabowski (IMK) udo.grabowski at kit.edu
Tue Mar 18 08:45:36 UTC 2014

On 18/03/2014 09:32, Apostolos Syropoulos wrote:

>   Hello,
>
>   I am using firefox 27.0.1 and I have noticed that whenever I save a file,
> firefox creates an empty file. The "real" file is stored in /tmp. I guess this
> is a bug. BTW, I have noticed this problem on openindiana/illumos-ad17c01 and
> Solaris 11.

Firefox is downloading on /tmp typically and AFTER completion,
moves it to the final location. Meanwhile, the final file exists
as a dummy with size zero. So AFTER download, the final file should
have the correct size.
--
Dr.Udo Grabowski    Inst.f.Meteorology a.Climate Research IMK-ASF-SAT
http://www.imk-asf.kit.edu/english/sat.php