[OpenIndiana-discuss] Firefox can't save files

Oscar del Rio delrio at mie.utoronto.ca
Tue Mar 18 15:59:06 UTC 2014

On 03/18/14 04:32 AM, Apostolos Syropoulos wrote:

>   I am using firefox 27.0.1 and I have noticed that whenever I save a file,
> firefox creates an empty file. The "real" file is stored in /tmp. I guess this
> is a bug. BTW, I have noticed this problem on openindiana/illumos-ad17c01 and
> Solaris 11.

I am using FF 27.0.1 on Solaris 11.1 and do not have such problem.

E.g. I am downloading a large ISO file to a local directory.
During the download, FF creates an empty file with the final filename
and a second "*.part" in the same local directory.
When it is done, the *.part file is moved to the final filename.

0                   IMAGE_Disk1.iso
261754987   IMAGE_Disk1.iso.part

It does not use /tmp or any other temp dir.
Are you saving to a local drive or to NFS? Perhaps it is different on NFS?