[OpenIndiana-discuss] linux netlink support or replacement in Solaris/Illumos...???

Udo Grabowski (IMK) udo.grabowski at kit.edu
Tue Mar 25 13:52:57 UTC 2014

On 25/03/2014 14:32, Hans J. Albertsson wrote:
> I think it is sort of doing something vaguely reminiscent of what rpc
> did in SunOS.
>
> On 2014-03-25 13:05, Hans J. Albertsson wrote:
>> I tried to compile ohNet from the openhome suite, and stumbled on a
>> single first major problem (there are probably many more less
>> fundamental ones to defeat later). Linux has something called netlink,
>> and the ohNet code uses a few macros and calls to that.
>>
>> I wonder what netlink does, and how to do it the right way in OI. I
>> looked around the internet, but no real and immediately useful way to
>> do it popped up.
>>
>> OpenHome ohNet is available on git://github.com/openhome/ohNet, if you
>> want to look at it.

On Solaris, this functionality is already available as AVAHI,
enable dns/multicast and avahi-bridge-dsd (don't know if you need
more than that, I don't use this at all, it clashes with infiniband
modules).
--
Dr.Udo Grabowski    Inst.f.Meteorology a.Climate Research IMK-ASF-SAT
http://www.imk-asf.kit.edu/english/sat.php