[OpenIndiana-discuss] Firefox Crashes

Jonathan Adams t12nslookup at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 10:24:48 UTC 2014

I'm interested if anyone else has an issue like mine ...

I am running OI hipster on a majority "Intel" laptop (Intel network, Intel
graphics, etc.) and there are sites that just crash and burn my browser if
I try going to them. I assumed that it was something to do with the
hardware acceleration that is built into Firefox misbehaving ... even
though I have disabled acceleration (as far as I can see) in Firefox itself

Sites like maps.google.co.uk, and a few others seem to have this problem
... I can just avoid using them mostly.

If I run Firefox at the prompt it always comes up with the message
"ATTENTION: default value of option force_s3tc_enable overridden by
environment." before it coredumps.

I have managed to reduce the test case though down to:
1) Opening Firefox
2) going to "about:support"

Does anyone else have this issue, does anyone have any ideas on what I
could do to fix it?

Jon