[OpenIndiana-discuss] Firefox Crashes

Jonathan Adams t12nslookup at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 12:24:24 UTC 2014

I logged out of my machine, and logged in as another user (user was in
LDAP, not on local machine, gdm didn't start until user existed in files)
and everything appeared to work for that user ...

I untarred my .mozilla directory onto his, and it carried on working.

I logged out and logged in as me and still it carried on working ... with
no changes.

I believe that my "Appearance" setting has fallen back to "None" though ...
it was on "Normal" ... everything looks basic.  and if I try changing it
the gnome-appearance-properties crashes and burns ...

Still, I'm tempted to leave it like this if it stops the Firefox crashes.

On 26 March 2014 12:11, Alexander Pyhalov <alp at rsu.ru> wrote:

> On 03/26/2014 14:24, Jonathan Adams wrote:
>
> Hello, Jonathan.
> I don't see this issue on FF 17.0.11 which comes with /hipster. Can you
> reproduce the issue when all plugins are disabled?

I did try this in the past (it's the first thing I did on realising that
you'd updated to 17) and it failed in the same way ... I've tried in
failsafe, with a new .mozilla directory, everything ... currently with the
possible broken compiz my system seems to work okay.

Jon